Use the flesh from your Halloween pumpkin in this speedy spiced pumpkin soup recipe!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 ½ cups pumpkin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 piece ground clove
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Put the pumpkin, onion, and celery in a bowl and toss with coconut oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a lined sheet tray and roast in preheated oven at 425 degrees till golden brown for20 minutes.
- Empty into a large pot.
- Add remaining oil, spices, and liquids.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
You may want to cool the mixture before transferring to the blender to avoid burns. A stick blender will also work well for this recipe. Enjoy!